Eric Gill and Guy Boyling; Founders of the County Celebrants Network had been successfully training Celebrants for over six years and together with the help of fellow Founder Peter York they have established an enviable group of professional Celebrants.
Whilst their training program has now reached its natural course of development with over 40 members it seemed to them that the need for large group training schools has waned considerably, mainly due to escalating costs, travel constrictions and extended time (3-4 days) away from families and such.
Because of this they developed a
“Funeral Celebrant Distance Learning Course” Just £650.00
Students can study on their own, in their own time, either at home or wherever suits them
Easy to learn modules
- Modules are delivered to you with suggested reading material.
- Activities that include answering questions and assignments
- Learning to understanding the role a celebrant
- How to communicate with Bereaved Families
- How to deal with unusual scenarios
- Learn how to handle awkward family situations
- How to advertise and market yourself
- Regular support from your Mentor.
The “Distance Learning” course consists of 5 modules to be completed over 6 months or so, including assessment assignments.
At the satisfactory completion of the “Distance Learning” all students will receive their “Certificate”, indicating completion of the distance learning aspect.
If convenient it is recommended that students follow on and demonstrate their practical expertise by delivering a Funeral Service at a venue mutually agreed with a local CCN (County Celebrants Network) Celebrant who will honestly review their proficiency and advise accordingly.
If, as expected, a satisfactory service review is received then membership of the CCN can then be offered to the candidate. CCN membership offers the following benefits:
- Membership of a Professional Network
- Small monthly subscription fee
- No engagement commission payable to the Network
- Liability insurance of GBP 5 million pounds
- 250 Personalized ‘Branded’ business cards
- Personal Indemnity Insurance
- Certificate of Authentication
- County Listings on this website – see ‘Celebrant Members’
- Personal page to display photographs and reviews – see
- Access to the Forum -chance to talk or ask advice from other members
- An CCN Identification Badge
- CCN Facebook page see https://www.facebook.com/ericrgillcelebrant
- A group voice when lobbying for political change
- The comfort of knowing that despite being an independent Civil Celebrant you have the backing of the Network and the Academy!
Local Individual ‘one to one’ tuition is still readily available, with a “two day intensive course” in Wiltshire or Sussex at a convenient place and time at a cost of £1200.00 per student – including accommodation.
For more information on the Distance learning course or on the ‘one to one’ training in Sussex please contact Guy Boyling on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Guy on 01444 616893.
For ‘one to one’ training in Wiltshire please contact Eric Gill on 07770 625378 or Email Eric on email@example.com.